Book 1: Glad You’re Not Here
Buy– $12.99 Paperback/$2.99 Kindle
- Track 1: Welcome to NIU (Glad You Aren’t Here)
- Track 2: In Which You Get an Explanation
- Track 3: Preparing for Fight Night
- Track 4: And Now I Bite the Dust
- Track 5: Try a Little Scariness
- Track 6: Saturday
- Track 7: Load Up on Guns
- Track 8: Bring your Friends
- Track 9: Until the Seven are Supreme
- Track 10: Salim the Russian Pinata
- Track 11: Nathan Jacobs and the Chamber of Horrors
- Track 12: Who Let the Dogs Out?
- Track 13: Stop Snowing!
- Track 14: Snow and Cold
- Track 15: They Shot Their Own Eyes Out, Honest!
- Track 16: A Mad Rush
- Track 17: General Winter
- Track 18: Good Morning
- Track 19: Life Goes On
- Post Mortem
Book 2: Traditional Punching Bag
- Track 1: Hell Semester Is So Two Weeks Ago
- Track 2: Firefight
- Track 3: Conversations Kill
- Track 4: Walking in Maynard
- Track 5: “At some point, maybe…”
- Track 6: Tainted Trust
- Track 7: School Store
- Track 8: Back to the School Where It Began
- Track 9: The Southern Man
- Track 10: Party at the Nerdy Colony
- Track 11: When You Grow Up
- Track 12: It’s Cold Outside
- Track 13: Talk About It, Talk About It, Talk About It
- Track 14: Rest Up
- Track 15: Bumps in the Night
- Track 16: Poetic Justice
- Track 17: Creepy Brick Buildings
- Track 18: Have a Nice Day
- Track 19: I Did Nazi That Coming
- Track 20: Counter-Attack
- Track 21: Project Skywalker
- Track 22: Another Impossible Mission
- Post Mortem
Book 3: The North Korean Affair
- Track 1: The Prophecy
- Track 2: Preplanning
- Track 3: We Steal a Boat
- Track 4: Insertion
- Track 5: Shadows on the Town
- Track 6: Outbreak
- Track 7: Into the Unknown
- Track 8: Better than Any Seen Do It
- Track 9: Shipping Off to Yonan
- Track 10: Can’t Find a Better Leader
- Track 11: Set it Off
- Track 12: Outshined
- Track 13: We Ran Away
- Track 14: Story of Our Guide
- Track 15: Come the Break of Dawn
- Track 16: Enter Player Four
- Track 17: Dance Around the Goddess
- Track 18: The Safest Bet
- Track 19: Get Out
- Track 20: Knock on Wood
- Track 21: In Which We Fight The Law
- Track 22: Help is on the Way
- Track 23: Did it Matter?
- Track 24: The End (Of the arc, not the serial)
Book 4: The Shape of Things to Come
- Track 1: Lost in Suburbia
- Track 2: Back to School
- Track 3: Touchdown
- Track 4: Show Me
- Track 5: Get a Job
- Track 6: Back in the NIU Groove
- Track 7: A Good Swim
- Track 8: Future So Bright
- Track 9: One More Shot
- Track 10: Nari’s Got a Gun
- Track 11: Curiouser and Curiouser
- Track 12: What’s in the Box?
- Track 13: The Final Prophecy
- Track 14: Stay the Night
- Track 15: Shot Through the Heart
- Track 16: Tonight’s All Right for Fighting
- Track 17: Tonight’s All Right for Fighting
- Track 18: Fix Yo Hustle
- Track 19: Take the Psycho Bowling
- Track 20: Brace Yourself
- Track 21: A New Chapter
- Track 22:United Fist
- Track 22: Coming Together
- Track 23: Coming Together
- Track 24: The Architect Revealed
- Track 25: Bad, Bad News
- Track 25: The Shape of Things to Come
Book 5: The Herald Cometh
- Track 1: Factory
- Track 2: Shipping off to Nippon
- Track 3: Their House
- Track 4: The Silent Mountain
- Track 5: Shadows
- Track 6: Nightmares
- Track 7: Trip Around It
- Track 8: A Modest Proposal
- Track 9: We Have Words
- Track 10: Let’s Jam
- Track 11: Breaking New Gate
- Track 12: I Shot the Sherriff
- Track 13: Too Late to Say Sorry
- Track 14: Leave Your Lights On
- Track 15: Cabin Fever
- Track 16: Have Some Tea
- Track 17: Pachinko Violence
- Track 18: Somebody’s Watching Me
- Track 19: We’ve Got a Fast Car
- Track 20: We Have Big Gun
- Track 21: Life in the Fast Lane
- Track 22: Zero to One Hundred
- Track 23: SHOT THROUGH THE LUNG
- Track 24: Deet Barz
- Track 25: Lying on the Floor
- Track 26: Giving Up
- Track 27: Tragic Monsters
- Track 28: Anime Beauty/Anime Psycho
Book 6: Dragonrise
- Track 1: When the World Comes Down
- Track 2: That You Hold Over Me
- Track 3: The Coup
- Track 4: You Got Me Up in a Cage
- Track 5: Kidney Stones and Confessions
- Track 6: In the Middle of the Night
- Track 7: They Have Marched 1,000 Miles
- Track 8: FBI Surprise
- Track 9: Losing Her Conviction
- Track 10: In the Den
- Track 11: War Picts
- Track 12: Boom, Clap
- Track 13: Boot to the Head
- Track 14: Whispers
- Track 15: Calm Before the Storm
- Track 16: The Person on the News
- Track 17: Badlands
- Track 18: 21st Century Warfare
- Track 19: Brighter Nights
- Track 20: Gods of Hellfire
- Track 21: Too Many of my Friends are Criminals
- Track 22: Slippery People
- Track 23:Is It Just Me?
- Track 24: Old Friends
- Track 25: The Takeover
- Track 26: The Battle of Boston
- Track 27: Twilight’s Last Gleaming
- Track 28: Massachusetts Is Beautiful This Time of Year
- Track 29: The Lights Go Out
- Track 30: End of the End
- Track 31: In the town known as Worcester, MA
- Track 31: Last of the BLUFOR
Book 7: The End
- Track 1: Welcome to the Occupation
- Track 2: End Run
- Track 3: Meet the Police
- Track 4: Somebody’s Watching Me
For Reports and Side Stories, go here.
27 thoughts on “Table of Contents”
I just recently found this story and have enjoyed it, so thank you. How often do you update or is this dropped?
(found this through Royal Road)
Next update will be in about 24-26 hours.
New chapter is up: https://nowhereislanduniversity.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/track-22-help-is-on-the-way/
Also, keep your eyes peeled. There may or may not be something special on Thursday.
Neh.. Are gonna turn this into an ebook, because I know someone who can.
I’m saving up for some professional editing first. Also, I’ve got my own ideas on how to do it first, but thanks for the offer.
Np.. Just gave us a yell when ya Turn it to ebook 🙂
Is there gonna be a 4th book?
I’ve currently got fourteen chapters of it waiting to go. Does that answer your question?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pretty much lol. Anyways, I dont get why your amazing story with amazing plot and plot twist (?) is getting little attention thou.
As to your next question, I accidentally put the answer to that in the separate comment outside the thread. Check it out.
There’s one reason: nobody who reads this serial is talking about it outside of the threads where it lives and maybe Web Fiction Guide. I know this because WordPress tracks all incoming traffic, so I know what links readers clicked on to get here.
That’s fine, but it does mean that the only way I get new research is by posting in various places, either weekly or every other week, in order to attract new readers, I need to post various “ad posts” on Reddit, and let’s face it, nobody likes to be advertised to. People want to hear about that story their friend thinks is really cool, or that one stranger recommended in their favorite forum, or that they found browsing TV Tropes and think looks really cool.
If NIU readership is going to grow at a more rapid pace, I either need to come into a lot of money (I believe the minimum amount required for an advertising campaign on the internet to be successful is $500 a week,) make a guest post on a site that really blows up, or I need some of my readers to recommend this serial to their friends. Seeing as I’ve been having terrible luck getting views, have no job, and NIU isn’t exactly making me a lot of money, that just leaves praying a few of my readers start recommending this story to their friends.
Well I’m gonna make sure to recommend it but I don’t think they’ll use money in it. Anyways, have you tried to post your story at Wattpad? I think it will be easier to… spread it there. Probably. Oh and on reddit too I think.
I actually have done a lot of advertising on Reddit. The problem is, Reddit only wants to hear certain creators talk. Creators that are either sanctioned by other creators and mods, or creators that have already gotten popular.
How do you get money to live with no job and no donations?
Because I have very nice parents, basically.
try make some advertisment at Novel Update thread
The one on WFG? Is there any protocol for that?
I actually have a thread here: http://royalroadl.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=59863
If you mean something else, I would like to hear it.
When my web serial comes out, can you drop me a shout-out?
It’s kinda like Worm, but imagine if everyone was fighting in a tournament for the pleasure of the gods (who are basically Eldritch Abominations) and viewers in another universe. They’re trying to kill each other entertainingly, but also fending off interdimensional horrors and trying to find the man who will end all realities. He is the main character. He is also the only unpowered guy, going toe-to-toe with people who are like Shatterbird but with BLOOD, and a Lich whose phylactery i bacteria with his mind inscribed on them. He is also called Annihilator, and for good reason. He is completely insane.
I’ll give it a look and add it to my sidebar..
really enjoy your story I wish it was more popular. I’m curious if you have an update schedule though
2 AM GMT on Wednesdays.
Sorry Book 4 Track 15 is MIA.
There are two chapter 16’s in the most recent book.
Can anyone tell me what “Breaking new gate” means? I’ve heard this in a recent song.. I don’t think you can call it j-pop as it’s heavy metal.
I honestly have no idea. I just took it from the song because I thought it fit with the chapter.
Basically, for every chapter title, I try to reference a song that fits with the content. This chapter, it was a song by Band Maid.